The day before the US State Department announced its intention to cease contributions to UNRWA, the August 30th afternoon edition of the BBC World Service radio programme ‘Newshour‘ led with a very long item described in the synopsis as follows:
“Jordan’s foreign minister has warned that cuts to the funding of the UN agency for Palestinian refugees, UNRWA, could be “extremely destabilising”. Ayman Safadi reacted to reports that the United States had decided to cut all funding it gives to UNRWA. The US had already announced a big reduction of contributions earlier this year.”
Marshall: “But we begin in the Middle East where the UN agency known as UNRWA which provides services to about 5 million Palestinian refugees now faces a funding crisis…
View original post 870 more words
The real initial step to a proper and equitable solution of the Arab-Israeli Conflict is to first admit that, and let us be honest, the Arab world focused their intent for destruction of Israel to this invented group of Arabs they agreed to call Palestinians. Even their name was stolen from the term used by empires to name the Jews in the Holy Lands from the Roman Empire straight through to the British Empire, when they were given the Mandate. The British even solved the Arab-Israeli problem by giving 78% of the Mandate to the Arab nation we now call Jordan and promised the remaining 22%, the lands west of the Jordan River, were guaranteed as indivisible for the Jewish nation (see map below). Did anyone catch the important words ‘guaranteed as indivisible’ just as the British backed their word presumably with the British Crown? So, we will work from…
View original post 1,894 more words
In a confessional book, “A President Shouldn’t Say That…”, published in 2016, a few months before the 2017 French presidential election, France’s then President François Hollande admitted that France has “a problem with Islam. No one doubts it,” he wrote. He wrote as well that France has a problem with veiled women in public and with mass immigration. Then he added: “How can one avoid a partition? Because that is still what is happening: a partition”.
The “partition” about which Hollande was talking was the partition of France — one part for Muslims and another for non-Muslims.
Hollande’s successor, President Emmanuel Macron, elected to office in 2017, appears to think that this risk of partition is actually the solution. Looking at what he has said and done since his election, one can say that the division of the country is in progress. Officially, of course, Macron continues to be the guardian of the Constitution, which embodies national unity. But step by step, a strategy of the partition of France appears to be at work.
The first step of this partition process was, it seems, to create a new adversary. For Macron, the adversary was not radical Islam, which some see as having murdered hundreds of people in France in recent years, but radical secularism, which has never murdered anybody. In December 2017, for instance, a few months after his election, Macron organized a meeting with the representatives of six religions (Catholic, Protestant, Eastern Orthodox, Muslim, Jewish and Buddhist) at the presidential Elysée Palace. At this meeting, Macron reportedly “critically questioned the radicalization of secularism.” Not much filtered out of this meeting beyond that little quote — presumably on purpose. In October 2016, before his election, Macron had denounced the defenders of “a spiteful vision of secularism.” After his election, however, the presidential creed has never varied. According to it, political Islam is a not the problem; the resistance to it is.
BERLIN – Police say a doctor was stabbed to death and an assistant seriously injured in a stabbing at a medical practice in southwestern Germany.
Arab refugees allegedly stabbed the medical staff for “no reason”.
Police and media in Germany still claim that the motive is “unknown”.
Liberals and leftists in the West use the made up term “Islamophobia” to portray anyone who criticizes Islam as a racist.
Terrorists all over the world carry out terror attacks “in the name of Allah”.
They justify their violence by quoting verses from the Quran.
Islamophobia is a made up word created specifically to silence debate.
The BESA Center has been ahead of the curve in its attention to the problem of UNRWA, the organization ostensibly tasked with solving the Palestinian refugee problem but largely responsible for its perpetuation. In view of President Donald Trump’s recent decision to cut all US funding for UNRWA, we present a digest of BESA’s coverage of the issue.