SCMP reports: “Following the ill fate of taxis and fruit knives, toy planes in Beijing are also facing a crackdown ahead of the 18th party congress.
“Residents in Beijing now need to present their identification cards to purchase a remote-controlled toy plane, Beijing Youth Daily reported on Thursday. The procedure is almost as strict as boarding a real airplane.
“Authorities apparently regard toy planes more ‘threatening’ than real ones. Perhaps it is because toy planes can be harder for the police to monitor – plus, these pilots don’t need any licence.”
“Popular Sina weibo user Zuoyeben made a list of new “Sparta” rules in Beijing:
- Knives and scissors are forbidden on trains.
- Travellers’ crotches are subjected to airport security check up.
- Passengers need to fill out a form for taxi rides on Chang An Street.
- Rear windows of taxis can no longer be opened.
- Music concerts are postponed.
- Knives are…
View original post 110 more words